It's amazin what we really want to do in life. I know that I want to be that therapist, yes I do without a doubt. However, why is it that I am so active with Prolific and Black Writers United?
I am very active with Prolific Writers. Has anyone ever looked up the definition of a prolific writer? Sure sounds good to me. In the year 2000, I was told that I was a "prolific writer" by my Creative Writer instructor, who was quite younger than I. I went home and looked the word up and I was delighted by what I read. Me, oh me? Yes, you! Ok....get busy. We kept journals and we ended up handing a portfolio in. And would you like to know that I was the only brown face in the class. Ok, get behind me inner critic. It did not matter, for all of them respected me in the end. They did not know how to comprehend me in the beginning. They were just as afraid as I was.
Well, it is late and like I said writing comsumes me. Or shall I say, Overconsumes me. My new Writer's Digest is to the left of me, my new backpack to the right, still packed from the day. I have been busy with Prolific's Poetry day which was quite nice. I will be doing a review on Thursday for one of the books. Of course, with music in the background..........
pocahontas
(a future georgia peach)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment