Sunday, January 01, 2006

Two Thousand and Six

I am looking forward to a grand new year of many blessings and untold victories. I am looking forward to many challenges that await me as I take each day at a time. I have set many goals for myself that are reachable. I refuse to be the procrastinator that I was in 2005. This is a new year and I am a new me, one that will work diligently not to complain about my lot in life, for I do have many things in which to be grateful.

This is the year that my Creator will have me to move for He knows that my time is up here. I will not complain, but I shall take each day as it comes, do what I have to do to make progress in the needed direction in which I shall go and appreciate the circumstances that I do have, that do exist about me. Each and every day that I awaken and put two feet flat on the floor and can remember my first and last name, than I am doing good.

I am going to talk about school right now for that is important to me. Introduction to Photography and Basic Drawing are two classes that I am looking forward to. The seventeenth of January is right around the corner and I am anxiously awaiting. I have my 35 mm Minolta just waiting, it is a year old for me. I bought it brand new last January from Ritz camera stores. I was so excited that day with that sharp piece of equipment that I could not part with it, really need to learn more about it. We are living in the age of the (digital) camera, but that is okay, for I am interested in learning how to develop film in the darkroom, take black and white photos and etc. I am old-fashioned in more ways than one. Basic Drawing, oh I really would love to continue expressing myself on a large pad of paper, carrying a case that makes me look like an real artist. In this neighborhood, that is quite outstanding, an artist. Other than the writing label, I will label myself with taking photos and drawing persons and things. This will help me to focus more on me, my interests, my activities and less on negative things which cannot produce light. (Collier?) where are you??

So, with my school classes, and doing the photo and drawing kick, I will be so into that, no one will be able to get through my skin, which I have decided to thicken. Yes, I shall be thick-skinned. After years of having thin-skin, I will possess multiple layers. I will have a proverbial duck's back that the water will just roll right off. God will take care of me with any hurts, pains or damage that persons should seek to harm with me with. Queen of Diamonds is getting tough even though she is not a tough chick, she's really kind.

With my project of writing I have a few: "Red Rose, Crimson Beauty," is the first and foremost project. 50 Poetic Petals that will describe my various stations in life that are describing hope, peace, love and tranqility. Somehow I keep running into roses everywhere I go. Everywhere. The next few projects are "In My Father's Shadow," a memoir and "Diamond In the Rough," both are basically stories of my life one about my father and the other a life from riches to ragtime. Many persons cannot handle a life of mansion living, then homelessness to living a life of low-income status-quo. I have been tested over and over again and guess what? I shall continue to get tested. A door just slammed and I am simply not going to let it bother me. For every door slammed, I can just repeat : (God is in control, in time Sharon.) That's it. Getting upset will not help matters. I shall continue on in my quest for better things in life. Other projects that I will work on for the distant future are: "Through Rose Colored Glasses: The Pocahontas Story," that's about me and my life living in the YWCA and the neighborhood where I live now. (Pier 3) This book will have to be fiction...by the time this is released I will have completed my classes of fiction writing, chracter building and any other course to assist me in this vocation. There will be a woman who despite the hood she lives in goes on to gain her degrees (BA and MFA) and she helps a neighborhood youth who almost loses his life to the streets with drug and gang violence. She realizes that God had her in this neighborhood for a reason and things happen in their due course. This book will have to have characters like drug dealers, drama queens, crackheads and the like that live in this type of environment. That's enough of projects to keep me busy. I have to write or I die. Either one or the other. I choose to write. Good choice. You got it!

Well just ending my first day of two thousand and six, I am well-pleased. I had a relaxing day with meditating on some great thoughts and appreciation. I ate good and healthy today. I communicated with some members of my PFamily. I am really content being alone, although Friday I felt lonely. It did not last very long when I thought of some of the consequences that could result if I made some choices that were unhealthy. And in closing, may all of us possess a relative amount of trueness, peace, blessings and perserverance that is needed for all things that we may come across in this life. I am looking forward to better days to come in two thousand and six, what say you? Holla! whatever works, let me hear....

georgia peach



5 comments:

Shai said...

That is so good Sharon. I see you have possibilities overflowing for you this year. Your cup will definietly be running over.

Diamond said...

Thank you Shai for visiting. I always appreciate your honesty and bravery.

Sharon

MsJayy said...

Sharon,
You are going to step into the fullness of your blessings this year, blooming just like that rose you see on the cover of your book. I know that there are angels all around us - I just never knew I'd have this many that I could call friend. Get your shine on Diamond!

Diamond said...

Tim,

Thank you so much for your comments that shoot straight out from the heart. That is what keeps me strong; my commitment to God, to myself and the world. I have a message to deliver!

Sharon

Diamond said...

Miss Jackie Young,

Alrighty now, there you go...I am a true friend to those who are true friends to me; it is all about karma...positive karma. I am going to let me light shine and go forth..God will see to it.

Sharon