Good day to everyone who has decided to visit me and my blog. You know my blog is like my best friend that awaits for me each and every week. I try not to let my blog down on Monday morns but I am just a little late today, better late than never. Come on in and hear what I have to say today.
I survived the first week of the year and that is something to be thankful for. I made some inner commitments to myself of newfound behaviors that I was to display and not to let anything deter me from that-people, places or things. Instead of getting upset, mad or angry, I choose to remain a calm disposition and not to let anything bother me. I have too much going for me as well as too much going on to pay attention to pitty, petty, problems.
I had one tragedy on the first day of the year that happened in our family with a cousin. The car collided with a train on New Years Day, killing my cousin and her son. That left my cousin and a remaining son. It happened so fast, there was no body to view or look at, only the remains. Friends, we must cherish our families and life. Tell someone important to you that you love them. Go out of your comfort zone sometimes. Yes, it is difficult but it can be done. Sometimes, we have to take the first step. I will be working on that as well.
Today was a day that I had quite a few run-ins. First of all, I dropped off a pair of boots to the shoe repair. I just bought these boots last week from Payless, a cute little heel and I wore them every day. They were pretty, pointy and cranberry. Strut sister strut! When he told me 7.50 and he needed a four dollar deposit, I started to change my mind. But I love THEM boots. Then he tells me Friday at noon. I am thinking why a whole week, cause these boots are made for walking. Paid 25.00, it seems like I could have bought me another pair just like them or similiar for despite all of my boots, they are the BOMB! I proceeded up the hill and said to myself: "What the heck." I will live until Friday.
Across the street from the shoe repair shop was the dry cleaner. Now bear in mind, this is a grey shawl that I paid 10.00 for from the R,Wand B thrift store last week. It's pretty, it's grey. Not able to iron it, they got the machines right? So at first he gives me a price of 5.50, I say ok. Then the next thing you know, he wants a deposit and says if I leave a deposit it is cheaper. I say how much he tells me 5.50. Now he must have forgotten that he gave me a price of 5.50. He tells me a 1.00 cheaper and I tells him 4.50, now he tells me 5.50. I say to him: "Never mind, I will take it somewhere else, you are dealing bad business and we can't deal." He was simply what one would call (money-hungry) This is a new year and I cannot have palpitations over pettiness. I take the grey-shawl to a closer cleaners that is near the community college downtown. (The dry cleaners here in this town are mostly run by the chinese-korean-vietnamese. That's right. So it's called compromise.. Her price was 5.00, no deposit. I can have my shawl by tomorrow if I like to wear it to bible study. I love shawls, I feel free, like I have wings. Check somebody out the next time you see a person with a shawl on, they look guile-like, free like a dove.
Well, over to the post-office to my post office box, a few medical bills-no Mocha Musings. Promised-Lulu.com is very good but it is something on this end cause it went out on December 30th. Alright, maybe tomorow, or Wednesday- I will be positive. I can't wait for my Mocha Musings and then Confessions by Walee. I know one thing when I move, my BOOTS, SHAWL, AND BOOKS are hauling *** with me! One book per month or every other. What I like about Mocha and Walee they are not pushing their stuff on me, they are patient. Mocha stays busy and things happen. Just sit back and wait. Walee, my big brutha-yeah, y'all we are related (lol) has been patient with me. The website is advertised and if a person wants the book, they will click on the link.
Lastly, I head on over to the nail shop wishing I can do the refill myself. I can save that 12.00. I bests to learn. I got black tips again with the gold line. Cannot afford the designs like I see some of these young hip-hop sistahs, babies in their strollers with empty milk bottles. They telling them"shut-up." Babies don't even know what they mean. These girls are street hustlers. Got more money than I. This is the only place where I can get some quality sleep in the chair while Linda is holding my hand down trying to paint a fingernail. Well, I can say that I had a full day.
Oh, I ran into my father. I listened to his conversation. His line was that he lost my phone number. I gave it to him again. I ate my food and we talked. I got a chance to see him and I prayed inwardly. He had on some nice jeans and a suit jacket and I did feel a little better just seeing him and knowing he is alive. I thought that I would share this
.
Sweet Memories
Some of the blessings that make life so sweet are the special people who share my good times and brighten my days. It is often these people who cheer me on when my own enthusiasm seems to wane. It is to these people-the ones who give comfort and support, often without being asked that I express my heartfelt thanks. I love them and appreciate all they have done to make my life happier and more complete.
The sweet memories of these individuals will continue to bless me. Whether they are still an active part of my life or they have gone on to continue their individual journeys, they hold a special place in my heart. I remember our times together and I include these loved ones in my prayers. Remembering my loved ones in prayer, I send them a blessing. So in thinking of my dad, as we parted he has his own journey he is traveling on and I have mine.
Thanks for visiting and I will see you next week!
Peace, love and many blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You said a mouth ful today my prolific Queen Writer! I love your blog, it's fresh with Pocohonta flavor. Not only do I appreciate your wisdom, but your words as well. Recently, having gone through tranformations in my life, I have leaned a lot on my spiritual ground. With peace replacing my normal "pissivity" mode, I have found a nice calmness about things that affect me as a woman, writer, and overall, human being. I've written today a letter to my father, who I haven't seen since I was 19 or 20 years old. It's time for healing. I said to myself even before I saw this blog. My '06 goal is to see him, and for us to bridge the gap before anything happens like death or illness. We aren't getting any younger and I as a woman, want to allow him to tell me his story, and for us to beging the healing. I do believe it's never too late for that. Folks are dying every day. We have to say I love you NOW not tommorrow. So your blog is very much needed. I appreciate your literary support too and can't wait to hear your thoughts on the books. I do have a treat coming to you later this month, when "Tears of a Woman: The Light Within" is released. YOu get a FREE COPY. That's a thank you for all your support. Keep doing you, sis, and blessing others!
- Mocha Sistah
Mocha,
You gonna make me cry. Pocahonta flavor. wow, and then I saw pissivity mode, oh my goodness!
Mocha, I do hope you patch things up. I wish my family here in town would. My mom's behind it though. She started it all but we can bridge that gap. Sho enough now!
Mocha, you are the queen. Tears Of A Woman: The Light Within, that sounds good but Mocha....we'll talk!
Sounds like you were mad busy!
I need that type of energy.
I LOVE Walee's poetry it is sooo descriptive.
I hope everything is cool with your family. I know it is hard but we got to hang in there.
luv ya!
Holla!
Wow Ms. Diamond - you DID have a busy day. That in & of itself is a blessing - to have things to do AND the energy to get them done. I've claimed a little patch of peace for myself in 2006 & I am telling you, I shall not be moved. Too much to get done this year & I can't be swayed. Keep stepping in your cranberry boots & gray shawl. Spread your wings Sis!
Mrs. TJ,
Thanks for stopping by. As always I enjoy your marvelous expressions of the written word. I hope things are going alright for you. Life one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.
Sharon
Miss JYY Jackie Young,
Hi there girlfriend,
How is everything in Va? I hope you are having good weather there. Here we are temporarily having warm temps. I don't know what is causing it. Something is not right, something is going on..
I enjoyed your latest information on blog. Touching though..Uncle Johnny. Especially moved by that one. Felt that one by your mother though, for a moment it reminded me of you know who.
Sharon
I will continue to keep your family in prayer. When tragedy strikes, it does make me think. I went to two funerals in less than a week (new year's eve and on January 5) and it's been a wake up call to me. We have to live each moment as if it's our last and not allow junk to get into our lives. Show people that we love them now.
Shelia,
Thank you, you are so right. Nothing must cloud up our lives and junk it up. Each moment should be lived as though it is our last.
Sharon
Post a Comment