Monday, January 23, 2006
A Grand Tour of Pier 3
I thought I just might take my friends on a grand tour of Pier 3. Pier 3 is an apartment on the third floor. This apartment has four rooms with a roof. How many of you have a roof? Are you not grateful? I am sure you are. Let's proceed on this grand tour. We are going to block out all persons, noise and what everyone is doing on the outside of this door. Enjoy!
Let's take the living room. The television is on, even though I am sitting here in the kitchen on the computer. The living room has four nice lamps, one with a floral lamp shade. Currently, there is a green bulb in one, a yellow one in another and two regular bulbs in the other two. Lighting helps me greatly in the winter time for it gets so dark so early and I need brightness of light. Next, we see the five row bookshelf which is invaluable; for it cannot be replaced. I have all of my books such as psychology on one shelf, writing books take up about three, books on quilting and other fine subjects sit there on the shelf. In addition to the books, I have a nice brown doll sitting on the shelf, she is like a mocha brown, like hot chocolate might look in a cup with whipped cream-steaming hot. She's barefoot but she's pretty. Also, I have photos of myself on the bookshelf, my education degrees that I have earned thus far, my poetic metals and trophies, all of my honors. These are things that I should deeply cherish. remember that we are inside and not thinking of anything outside, ok...nothing. Let's proceed. I have a nice magazine rack with the latest Ebony, Essence and Oprah magazines. I even have some "Bride" magazines..what's up with that? Homegirl gettin married? When and with whom and why! Let's check the beautiful artwork out. Monet, Anne Geddes and African American Art hangs in the balance. So much art I cannot hang it up, for it will cover the whole living room wall. I have one sofa filled with dolls, for I collect them and there is no room for me, let alone a companion. I have all kinds of dolls, all races and nationalities sharing Pier 3 with me and they don't complain. So why should I? They live here too, right? There is one chair that I sit in when I am not at the computer. Once I sit in front of the boob-tube I am going to la-la land. The other night I wanted to take a break from the computer, sat in front of the tube and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzaway to better dreams, waking up at 3am. Don't let me sit in front of that tube and have my popcorn, cheeze puffs, and Lorna Doone cookies. All I want to do is enjoy my living room and chair by watching a Lifetime movie. I wake up with a Lorna Doone in my mouth chewing it.
Next room is the bathroom, small but quaint. Decorated in blue. Tiolet seat is always down, so you know what that means. Shower curtains, rugs and cover for tiolet set all blue. All tioletries in order. Old fashioned bath tub which will never become white no matter what you do. Scrub on my sista, scrub on, it does not matter. Smallest room in Pier 3.
Bedroom, poor bedroom...the room I used to sin in. I had to end the six year relationship with the married man who claimed"divorce." They lived in the same house but was "playin house." I fell for the story. It was called "An unpaid mistress." But somehow in my past married men seemed so secure for me, those were the only kind of men that I wanted for I felt that I was something special that they had to come to. I felt good with a married man. Why did married men like me so much and why? I'm talkin about when I was in my early twenties and of course the men were always older. Anyway, poor bedroom is surrounded
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
umm, can i possibly offer a few comments, girl, now the whole married man thing - is safer. u know he ain't getting a divorce and that he won't do nothing too much, but give you a good time. I have a few family members who ended up in love with them men. Personally, i know a few fine married men myself, however not sure if I could hold the line on the relationship part. But the great thing about you is that you learned to move yourself on and you are washing yourself clean, inspiring yourself and others. keep on "cleaning" house. Blessings. i guess i might to write a tour of my place. it's equally interesting. Again, i love your posts!
Mocha,
Oh yeah those kind of men appealed to me but I was very weak minded and just let things happen. But that last one...I wasn't feelin the divorce story any more. I really believed it, he was even talkin marriage to me.. But he was with her and still complaining to me about her...I threw that mattress out to the dumpster my own d*** self.
Peace!
Thanks for the tour Diamond. It's always interesting to see what people have in their homes, the things that bring them comfort & joy. Sometimes it's amazing what small things contain the biggest memories. Glad you kicked Mister to the curb. He wasn't doing anything but blocking your light!
Jackie,
Thanks for your visit, you are always encouraging as usual. I thank God for you.
Sharon
Post a Comment