Monday, January 23, 2006

A Grand Tour of Pier 3 (Part II)

Yes, the bedroom is surrounded by boxes that are packed awaiting a home. The boxes are being patient, full of sneakers, boots, jeans up to the ceiling. The dresser top is filled with Victoria Secret-which I used to charge up on the credit card and then I would give some of it away. ( how nice) The dresser is also filled with nice perfumes and lotions. I have a lot of things to give away that are in the bedroom that are boxed. Whenever a place becomes available, the boxes will start a walkin cause they got feet, they really do. As a matter of fact, they will run. Oh, also in the bedroom, I have a small closet that is full of handbags-from Polo Sport to Coach..no lie, hit the Goodwill, you will find a good Polo Sport or a Coach..,.forget Macy's. (no macy's munnie here!) My 20 inch tv that I keep on all night sometimes. I only watch it when I am ironing or getting dressed in the am or preparing for bed at night. Did I mention that I had a king size bed that takes up the whole room? Mother got it from a seondhand store...I can walk around it, it is so huge. All I need is a single bed for I already threw the mattress out to the dumpster. Five years old, bedroom furniture got to go! I guess you wonder where I sleep, huh. You got it, on the living room floor, on pillows, but it's comfy for me right about now. That's the next step outside of the door! I lived in a room before. I love my living room surrounded by flowers, paintings and pretty things and I can handle that!

Last, but not least is the kitchen/office, that's where the food is! I keep food in my fridge. Once a week I have a big meal of spinach, stuffing, mac and cheese, mash potatoes, veggies, pork loin,turkey, chicken and ribs. It lasts me the whole week. I don't have to cook during the week, only on the weekends. I keep Captain Crunch, ice cream, snacks, fruit, pancake mix, grits and oatmeal. Plenty of H2O. In this kitchen where I spend the most of my time is the computer, which is my best friend here in the hood. My grandparents photo. The queen of diamond card. Prolific member's books. DVD movies. Computer books galore. A small television from China with a missing remote and I can't call it if I wanted to. When I am sitting here in front of my best friend sometimes I have Stevie on my ears and I just dance away on certain songs...I just can't help myself. Music is the key to my happiness. Of course God, prayer, reading the Bible and worship. Also, I enjoy studying here when I can..if not, I hit the library or college and I focus. I cannot let negativity hit me and if it does, I let it go like a hot air balloon! Goodbye...I want to hear something positive...I am going somewhere in life. I want to express my life to the world, my words, my sparkle, a diamond.

Ok, my friends, you have taken a tour of Pier 3. I hope that you enjoyed your visit here. Now when you exit outside the door, put your mental blinders on and act like you don't know.

I wrote about this to show myself that I do have something to be thankful for while I am waiting for my ship to carry me on my next journey. I wanted to share that with you, my friends, that despite the going-ons on the outside of my door, and the innermost conditions inside, I am a breathing, live human being and indeed grateful for that blessing. God has not forgotten me or you.

queenwriter

7 comments:

princessdominique said...

Awesome Sharon you are getting ready. Do you feel any sadness over leaving at all? I know there are good and bad in every situation. You've got my support.

mochasistah said...

wow! u go miss Queen writer. I know it's gotta be bitter sweet, but i love your ATTITUDE. stay a blessing to all - including yourself. Shine that light of your heart!

Diamond said...

Princess,

Heck no, no sadness at all. I am not around my type of kinfolk. I aam looking forward to better things.

Mocha Sistah-I have to look at something positive in order to deal with it. deal..with...it!! But I got something better that is going to happen...I know my heavenly Father.

MsJayy said...

You are definitely fired up Girlfriend! Packing around? Yep, my girl will be in the wind so fast, she will set the air on fire! Keep smiling, keep planning...your day is coming. Peace & love!

mrs.tj said...

You are my QUEEN! I am so happy for you. I won't even speak on it...JUST DO IT!

You know what! I have a nice, king size, Serta, extra plush, pillow top in my room...and I sleep on the floor in my living room! Hubby always sleeps on the couch! He says the bed makes him not want to get up.
On special occasions he will drag that mattress into the living room for me! HA!
Holla!

Diamond said...

Jackie,

Yes, dear when it is time to set forth the sailing seas, I'm gone! In the meantime, patience is to be a virtue...

Sharon

Diamond said...

TJ,

You are a mess. Now that bed sounds so welcoming. I will be glad to pay the shipping charges.
King size Serta with pillows...
Sharon