Monday, December 26, 2005

School Break and Blessings, Yeah!

When was the last time I had a school break, I mean a legal one...Not like last January when I was forced to take a semester break. This was a semester that I received two grades from and did not get incompletes for a change. It was a challenge, I would be lying if I said it was not. Difficulty sleeping, people smoking crack in the hallway, people selling drugs beneath my feet, the snake staying up all night, these and more contributed to my health challenges, mental and physical, almost strengthless....

We are going into another year and here I remain..OK, I will keep on tryin, especially now since I am on break; God will handle the rest. Don't worry, be happy! so sings Bobby McFerrin. I have a lot of things to appreciate and to be happy for. Flowers, candles, dolls(to be named) and books surround me. Oh, and scarves.....all so unique and different. Just being able to go to school on grants and scholarships is a blessing. I am able to eat each day, the lilies of the field eat, don't they? The gift of being able to read is a blessing. Some people cannot read and write and they don't want to. My blessings are endless. Family still alive and well.

Maybe now that I am on break, I will take a much-needed trip to you know where. I am still headed2atlanta@yahoo.com, my blog name is miss georgia peach and away I go! Pro-Move just called again, they have a property for me in Atlanta(first three months free)???. They are going to call me back tomorrow. They say that people are desperate for persons to move in. Rent.com keeps sending me properties through the internet, they look so beautiful. I am just trusting in God, for his hands are in all matters.

It was good to see Homeboy yesterday, I know that he was surprised to see that I had gifts for him. He was not expecting anything yesterday from me, because it is called 'Divine Forgiveness'. When you hurt someone over and over, lie to them over and over, you become calloused. I forgave him, he already knew that. However, like I told him, I forgave you, but I am not a fool. He willl never use me again, even if my heart is kind.

Today I went to the laundromat, had the latest Good Housekeeping and Essence mags and lo and behold my back is turned and they walk away. Both mags! Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! I knew some female seen me drop them or she swept them from out of my sight. Well, I hope whoever has them learn how to read or appreciate the articles or learn something about Queen Latifiah and Angela Bassett. I just purchased both magazines last evening. I felt like showing persons my true colors in that place, but I said, NO WAY JOSE, I AM NOT GOING ANY WHERE FOR MAKING TERRORISTIC THREATS over two mags. I just don't like Negroes stealing from me when I turn my back...... stealing nothing from me, nothing...

Now I will go and watch a movie, they are running the some specials on tv, I need to watch one and I know that I am going to fall asleep, it happens everytime. I will be going grocery shopping later, someone blessed me with a Shoprite gift card. Blessings, that is what I am talkin bout!

The school break is to be enjoyed by me, relaxed by me, maybe a trip or so to neverending land, Oh, I have to hit the Big Apple I do know, Also I must get up each morning, get it together and get out. Everyone enjoy your last week of the year, MAKE PLANS, SET GOALS, BE HAPPY, BE CHEERFUL, FIGHT ALL ODDS, TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND STAND TALL AND TALENTED, FOR THAT YOU ARE! You have every reason to be blessed and content.

miss georgia peach

9 comments:

Shai said...

Hey Sharon

I am glad you are enjoying your school break. I remember those. LOL. I worked at the university I went to and worked during break so I had to see the place all the time. LOL. That was 7 long years ago.

Now, I have so much free time. I love it. Sometimes I laze around which is not good but I thank God for no more hectic days of taking my child to school, goin to school myself, working, studying and so on. It took me 10 years off and on and those years challenged me.

I can say these last 7 years have brought me some of the fruits of those 10 long years of struggle. I have the choice to do alot of things I would not have if I had not finished school.

So now I contemplate what I will do next cause you still pay a price for "free" time. I write and read but I now know I need to be doing other things.

Sharon, thank God for the opportunities of educating yourself. So many folks take it for granted.

Diamond said...

Shai,

I enjoyed your hearfelt sentiments. Thank you.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time! Relax, Relate and WRITE!

Love ya,
Nikki Woods

mochasistah said...

Im proud of you. Holding down the school thing, being a momma that loves and forgives, balances your needs. You do your thing. Good luck on the house hunting. I will say my prayers for you. Definitely wishing you well for the new year!

DramaFree said...

Hello Miss Georgia Peach!

Enjoy your vacation hun. You deserve it.

Have a happy new year!!

Diamond said...

Thanks Nikki and Mocha,

Your commments are so aspiring as usual. Thank you so very much. And Yes Mocha I desperately needs to move..I keep praying.

Miss Georgia Peach

Diamond said...

Living Single,

thanks for yu, thanks for your comment. I have been waiting to hear from yu since the chat room with Marcus. I am trying to post on your blog but I need your blog address. I read your latest post and yes we have to sty away from those who possess nothing but "negative energy."

Sharon

Waddie G. said...

continue to enjoy the time off because time can really fly by on us...happy new year!!!

MsJayy said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time off Sharon. So many people don't know how to relax.