Monday, December 12, 2005

A Meditating Monday

Today was a day if ever I had to meditate, relax, deep breathe, etc, today was it. After doing the prep necessary for the test for my colon, it had to be done, today. Last week it did not work, test repeat. Yesterday, last meal was jello and broth. Broth and Jello.. Not when Homegirl is used to Captain Crunch and one percent or rice milk. Captain Crunch in the morn, in the evening or at night before retiring. That was a love left over from childhood, at least there's something good from childhood memories....lol

I won't go into the trip and experience at the hospital but I can tell you this; I would not wish it on my enemy, even if I had one.(lol) It's a beautiful hospital, remodeled and I can read, write or study in the beautiful cafeteria there. I can even walk there, but not this moaning...no way, no where, no how. Before leaving the hospital and before experiencing more sickness, I walk into the gift shop and purchase 4 pieces of gourmet chocolate balls. 35cents each, what the heck after all I been through I deserved 4 pieces of chocolate. I continued in my quest for meditating this monday morn....before I left, while hailing a cab(like I'm in NYC), and even when I return home. (that's enough) (thanks to Pittershawn)

Now, I must meditate and take my time for as I look around my four precious rooms, there is so much work to be done in every room. Especially the bedroom and the kitchen where I am right now. This is where I spend the majority of my time..on this computer sometimes until 12 midnight and it is so difficult to log off. It is because the computer has become my best friend. I have recently learned to juggle things within my interior paradise. I am not ready to dream about things that are unpleasant or vivid, strange and no-answer for dreams. If I had my way, I would stay up all night if it meant that I would be refreshed. But I know differently. I have to get my sleep in order to function somewhat the next moaning morning, like Lady Shai named her poem. Back to this(interior paradise), as I look around in this kitchen on the floor, the old computer sits there. I am trying to get it fixed at the soup kitchen so I CAN GIVE IT, to a fellow mmber of the PFam who has been needing one for the longest. I need to see what is wrong with it. I have too much just sitting here that needs to vacate the premises and the computer is one. Bags of clothing and books need to go. Not my school and books of writing, no never, no never. So even though my physical surroundings are caving in on me, I am enjoying sitting here communicating with you all but I know that my bedroom is awaiting fall cleaning. Did I say fall? It cannotremain the way it is until the spring. Homegirl is gonna be gone by then....You can bet your bottom dollar...I am outta here...It's too cold to be homeless now..I appreciate my roof tonight, tomorrow for temps are below zero and only going to be 13 tomorrow and lower. no joke, no joke. I am intensifying my efforts to move out this week, calling more places, hitting rent.com again, calling about some of those properties...I can sometimes get lax and rest my laurels...then I come into the building-smell the piss and the powder, the fumes and the vodka and I get an attitude..and I said this is it, well I have to mean it. God knows that I am tired of being here, I have served my purpose or is serving it...Homeboy and his grandma moved out. Yet he is hanging around because this is his neck- of- the- woods and also his BEST FRIEND that he never had, his MOM that he never had is here...I am going to surprise him this month with something. He has his own life but for him and his baby girl, I will give them a gift. Afterall, he is my family and I have nothing but true love expressed from the heart for him.

Ok, what a day, right. Oh, Monday night football. Time to change the channel, after all the tv is only on for noise. Holiday music in kitchen, jazz is on in the bathroom, inspirational radio in the living room and R&B in the bedroom. What a creation! And now after having not being able to enjoy a nice hot cup of decaf since yesterday, I am going to take an hour break from the computer, light a candle, pray and meditate before proceeding further in this interior paradise.

Thanks for stopping by folxs...see ya later,
don't y'all miss me at the same time.
.

georgia peach
12/12/05

9 comments:

MsJayy said...

Sharon, look at it this way: you got that test behind you. Yea! So now you are free to relax, have your Captain Crunch & cozy up to a little Stevie Wonder later this evening. I see you're making plans for moving - good for you. Relax. Unwind. Be at peace Sis!

mochasistah said...

I love this blog. warm, rich, just like ms sharon. i am so blessed to know a woman with soul! soulful spirit. I love how you changed from talking to the colon cleansing experience to cleansing of your familial. Take care and keep your light on.

Diamond said...

Thanks my dear sistah Jackie, my secondary alarm clock....and the
cell phone has a nice musical tone, not a regular phone ring. boring, boring. I make it so that I have to get up to answer that nice tone, too. Hats off to the original Write or Die Chick! That's right!

georgia peach

Diamond said...

Mocha, Mocha, my dear sistah, soul sistah in the house! from the windy city of chicago.. where the temp is well below..didn't need the reminders I know but guess what, we gettin it here in Jerzee startin tonite..and I am buddling up nice and tite with my teddies and doll babies. No hanky panky here in tis house. I am the Ghetto Nun.... Sing it to me, Stevie..You Haven't Done Nothin..

Shai said...

Sharon

I feel ya on the computer thing. It seems books and the computer are my friends lately. Us loners gotta have something to occupy your mind.

Hopefully, 2006 will be the year that the tests will end. Not just the physical tests you been having.

I have many projects at my place but I just don't feel it. I guess I never really decorated or anything because it would feel like I am planting roots.

I was only supposed to be there 4 or 5 years now it is going on 6. I don't like it there anymore, it was only supposed to be a place of transition. Oh well in time I will be moving.

I hope and pray your dreams to move come true.

Diamond said...

Shai,

I hope that this is the year for my move too. This was only suppose to be a place where a person would try to get up on their feet, move on and get out or get out and move on. My health is slowing me down a litle bit with organization of things, a clutttered place will get a cluttered mind. Or a cluttered mind equals a cluttered place. I should be out of here by now. I need some stabilization, asap. I hope you get a chance to move, Shai. I hope peace and blessings for the new year for you.

sharon

mrs.tj said...

ya know some times we don't want to do to the dr and do those types of test...but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Holla!

Diamond said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diamond said...

TJ,

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, so true. so true.

sharon