Last Wednesday morning as I waited in the cold for a bus to the train station, I met a nice young lady. She was shivering cold. She started the conversation by asking me if I knew what time the next bus was coming. As we progressed on our conversation, I found out that she was in the ninth grade and she displayed a very negative attitude about her future. She did not think that she could make it through the high school. She mentioned that it was too hard. A few tears fell from her face as she was speaking. This young lady Michelle, was taking care of her grandmother and she felt that she had a lot of pressures on her. She was already running late to school and she was going to blame her mother for she was asked at the last minute to provide breakfst for her grandma.
I gave Michelle confidence to know that she can make it in high school and she can go to college if she wanted to. She was not aware of the many scholarships and grants that are out there that can provide for her. I told her about my situation, how I am going to college basically free, and that it is a wonderful learning experience. She could not believe my age and she thought that it was great for me to be in college. We got on the bus together and before parting, I gave her my telephone number. That was a great experience.
I got to the train station and purchased my tickets for I was out of them. I boarded the 8:48am train to New Brunswick which was an express to New York City. I am one of those first car riders where the bathroom is, where the nice bright sunlight just shines so nicely and I love my own seat since it was not crowded with rude NYC businessmen and women. I was sipping on my Mandarin Spice Herbal Tea and eating a nice cream cheese bagel. I was eagerly anticipating my dental visit at the hospital. A nice thirty minute ride to eat, drink, read and be merry.
It seemed like the whole day I smiled. There were no frowns, I was out of the hood. I was smiling at the tots. There were people in the cafeteria to smile at. The gift shop. I learned something that I already knew. You feel better when you smile. When you smile, you make the other person smile back at you. Of course, the holiday music is playing in the background. People have a tendency to agree with the music whether they want to do or not. Sleigh Bells ring, are you listening......Rudolph, the red nose reindeer, so on and so on....
With exams going on as well as hospital tests going on this week, it was hectic. Frantic pace. From Monday thru Wednesday it was really challenging, but I made it. With the hospital test on Monday, it took alot out of me. When I went to see my doctor this afternoon(December 19th), I did not like the outcome of the tests. I have to take further ones from a GI. doctor. That's alright, I will be a Pollyanna. One day at a time. Nothing to stress over. Que sera, sera. What ever will be, will be. I am going to enjoy the rest of this week because I have positive goals I must work on. On Christmas Day, I will go to the services and then probably visit patients in a neighboring hospital for there is always someone worse off than me. I will give my "neighborhood son a nice letter with a gift of love for him and baby girl because I feel like he has learned from my "cutting him off." I know he has. I love that boy from a distance. After that, it will still go back to normal. I will say hello, but I cannot associate with him as long as he is "hanging out tough. " I have to keep my relationship with my heavenly father in good standing, so I have to watch my associations and my own conduct. I realize that he is not my "real son." I know my place for the boy has a real birth mom and a grandma.
Well, I am going to continue to write for it is therapeutic for me. Writing is something I do when I wake up in the morning and do before I retire at night. I have to get all of the quiet, serene, kept-hidden in the dark secrets out on paper and machine. Also, I must look for a part time gig this week to keep the home fires burnin. If I don't who will? And home hunting....I know by the grace of God all of these things will happen if they are done in the proper seqence and time.
All of you have a joyous holiday season. Enjoy your families. Enjoy and appreciate life.
georgia peach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poc,
I was touched reading this entry. If more people were like you, we'd probably would live in a kinder, gentler state of mind.
~~Yolanda M. Johnson
Pollyanna, huh? That's cool - you are simply being you and that is worth more than gold! See, I told you your story would help someone (Michelle). Imagine how many more you can/will touch when your writing is published! Love & light Sis!
Yolanda,
thanks for visiting and I can't wait to get your book one fine day.
georgia peach
Miss JYY,
Hey there Jackie,
What goes you? How goes you? I am trying to be a modern day Pollyanna. I have her tape here but my VCR has gone on the lam and I cannot watch it. Well, I am just living life on its terms and just taking one second, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year at a time. And I often wonder, Why am I still here, am I know that God knows I need to move? And yet dare not I question him? (It is meant to be written this way, my way of talking right now).
georgia peach
Stellbread,
Thank you, thank you...
for your generous, heartwarm expressions....I will be in touch..you keep writing and don't worry your book is on its way..
sharon
Post a Comment