Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful to Be Alive

Thankful to just be alive-doggone it! I did not have to be here, now did I? But I'm still here. I thank God for every good gift and every perfect present. I guess everyone is doing all of this cooking for one fine day that they call Thanksgiving. I am indeed thankful everyday. I am thankful for all of the gifts and talents that God gives to me. Regardless of some of the things that I go through in life, I manage....

Yesterday I went downtown and I brought a few things for myself like a hat and scarf set, not your ordinary hat and scarf set but one with a beautiful red rose crochet with a scarf. It was so difficult to choose the approp color, for there were beige, brown, blue oh so many and I hooked up with black with a beautiful pink and green rose. What a beauty and fifteen dollars! What a steal...I am your normal thrift store stealer, queen, always coming out with a bargain or two. If it's not an Anne Geddes book filled with chillen, it is a book on how to publish poetry. If it's not a Duke University sweatshirt, it is a leather jacket. Back to downtown, I also picked up some of that good ole chinese tea, not the hot--but the iced tea..oh my goodness. I am sipping on some of it now..yes it is grand delicious! I also took me some chinese food home with it. Sweet and sour chicken. Seeeee, my Thanksgiving is everyday. I love to eat good, tasteful food. That is what I am supposed to do. Enjoy life.

Boy, I got my hands full at this time. I need to take a quiz for the computer class, I need to get the back room in order so that I can move and exist in it. It is full of boxes cause I am tryin to tell the world that I am movin. I need to take that trip to Georgia. A midday trip to Georgia.
Atlanta, just like I pictured it. Beautiful city, where I can get my book written. Poetry published. I seen those homes on rent.com. Beauty, Georgeous. Splendid. What more can I say? Jus get on the train or plane, just do something.

I don't know why I keep running into Homeboy. This time last year I could not have any dealings with him. He can't help it but to use a person. That is all he knows. All I know he is messing with the wrong one, for God has my back. I am sure his grandmama is cookin, she always does. She condones his wrongdoing, I don't. I am my own best friend, that's the way love goes. Thankful to be alive.

I am really tryin to publish this small book of poetry, called "Red Rose, Crimson Beauty" There is something mystical behind it. I know that our lives are valuable to God and to ourselves and we should appreciate it and be thankful to be alive. The red rose is a thing of beauty and so are we. Look up crimson in the dictionary... Are we not thankful to be alive and give God the thanks and appreciation?

Regardless of how family acts, I am going to continue to do my own thing. Unique I am and unique I shall remain. Yes, I am a true artist in every sense of the word. I am doing alright, don't worry bout me, for all I need to do is keep puttin my words on printed page. I have to write about what is ailing me, making me happy, saddens me, touches me, heals me, and etc. When I have those answers, then I can say that I am all right... If I want that full-time gig, I will seek it out, if I want a Ford Focus, I can get it, whatever I want, I can get. From now on, I will not limit myself. The world is a stage so they say, ok let me hop up on that stage and peform!
Giving and rendering thanks, for those with the turkey and trimmings, enjoy your day!

georgia peach
one fine day...

2 comments:

MsJayy said...

This is a deep post Sharon. I too am thankful daily adn I feel my heart expanding. Yes you must continue to put your words on paper for they are meant not just to heal you but to touch the hearts of others. As someone once told me, "Your MESS is your MESSAGE". Give the gift of you to the world Sis, one poetic petal at a time! Love ya!! (I see now I'm going to have to make a trip to Jersey.)

Diamond said...

You betta make that trip to Jersey for more reasons than one....lol
georgia peach