Hello Blog Readers,
Yesterday was my seventh year anniversary of my divorce. I was so at peace because usually in the past I would be super sad. Do you hear me you all? Super sad, but not yesterday! I treated myself to a few things. One treat was the Red, White and Blue thrift. That store is the bomb. I always wondered why it was given such a patriotic name. What was so red, white and blue about it? In any such case, I had a one hour ball in that store. I bought myself 4 pairs of jeans cause I gained some pounds in the hip and waist area and jeans at home were just pulling up or around me. Also, I bought a unique sweater which I cannot describe right now, a journal which had not been written in, a nice handbag(to add to the thousands in my closet), a denim hat with a flower on the front, one pair of earrings, a sun and moon pin, oh I just love the sun and the moon on anything, and a beautiful Japanese portrait which wss valued at 40.00 and it was half price-I got it for $20.00. What possessed me to spend $20.00 on a portrait. First of all, I felt that I was getting a value for it being half-price. I am getting a beautiful $40.00 Japanese portrait for $20.00. Second reasoning was that I love the Japanese culture and how relaxed they are and this lady reminds me of how I want to be. The lady is standing near water with an umbrella in hand, there are trees in the background, and there is a house in the background. Why couldn't that be my house? This woman is at peace. When I got back into the hood at the laundromat, a lady called this portrait: "Peaceful". She even named me Peaceful. This woman is the hood is an alcoholic too and she usually does not say anything but this picture captured her eye. And the third reasoning was that it was my gift to myself for being able to remain alone and content for seven years without the Mr.
I am not finished celebrating for today I want to go to the movies or go to the mall, If I go to the mall, I know exactly which stores I have to go in. A yankee candle from Hallmark, Bath and Body Works, Barnes and Nobles, Payless ( I need a pair of black boots), to wear with my long dresses and skirts(yes, I am tall), and I need to check out about eyeglasses. Oh, the 2006 Poets Market and the Novel and Short Story's Market, that's 50.00 right there. Where's the money coming from? I need to top everything off with a visit to Wendy's the 99 cent menu of course, I'm flat broke!
If I go to the movies, I want a whole row to myself. I want to lay my popcorn over here and my soda over there. (aint I selfish)lol I love watching a big screen tv. If I had a large screen tv at home, I probably would not go to the movies. It is something about the big screen that I love, along with the surround sound.
Right now, I need to get up off my high horse, get over to the stove and cook breakfast. Grits, eggs and sausage (beef)lol, OR 3 pannycakes and 3 eggs along with decaf coffee or tea. BTW, I have not had any decaf tea in a while. I'm hungry, I hate to leave you all so abruptly but I gotta eat, a RICH sistah has to eat...you agree...yeah I thought so. don't ya just luv blogging?
Only bloggers read blogs....right Jackie?
peace until another day,
georgia peach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope you enjoyed that day Sharon! Did you get your flowers?
Girl,
You are a mess. I hope that you had a wonderful celebration. I don't think we take enough time to celebrate ourselves...to pamper ourselves, carve out time to just BE. Isn't it great to just have a day for yourself, to do what YOU want to do? LOL Stay at peace Sis! That's key....
Love Ya!
Post a Comment