Wednesday, March 29, 2006

April Is National Poetry Month

Every April I look forward with eager anticipation to National Poetry Month. Poetry has become a part of my spirit, my life force, if you will. Poetry is to be written as a way to release the pent-up emotions that I may possess at any given time. Let's say for example that you are a poet. I am sure that you write poetry for your own satisfaction. You and I may write poetry for different reasons. Nevertheless, poetry is written by the both of us with a different flavor or color. The poetry that I write are true-to-life. They are really autobiographical short stories that I can sum up into an autobiography. I can take the three hundred or so poems and write a book out of them.

This year, I am going to set a goal of writing thirty poems, even short ones. A poem a day. To add with my school work. It would be an enhancement, something that I would look forward to each waking day. The poem would be written in the morning and in the evening on alternate days. On the days that I walk in the morning, the poem would be written in the evening. And vice versa. Oh, I just love National Poetry Month. And to think, I have just been named Ambassador of Poetry 2006, International Poet of the Year, I have been privileged to have my poetry published in London and Paris, among a host of other privileges instituted by the Creator bestowed upon me. This is the month I am to hand in my review form with my poetry to Neshee Publication. I have already received a host of information in the mail and on the net concerning various readings being held in NYC and other places. So, as you can see it is going to be a very busy month. I hope all of you have a very busy month. Have a great week and Happy April, Happy National Poetry Month!

5 comments:

Shai said...

Hey Diamond

I plan on writing a poem a day during Poetry Month except on the weekends. Or I will edit unfinished poems.

I miss your poetry.

Diamond said...

Shai,
I miss you and your poetry...

Diamond

mochasistah said...

I will write my usual poems but sinice school is off for SB i will most likely have time to write more than my usual. I usually try to write 3 poems a week. it gets hectic with teaching. good luck and congrats on your award! ~ Mocha

MsJayy said...

Good goals Diamond! I find myself generally writing a poem/revising one every day anyway, some days more. I have no doubt that you can & will achieve your goal. Keep the words flowing & let me know how it goes with Neshee.

Diamond said...

Mocha,

I hope all goes well with your poetic endeavors and keep on rolling them out like that. glad to be a part of the musings report, very interesting updates and read.

Jackie,

You know i miss your kind and positive words. I hope all is well with you. I will let you know how it goes with me and the publication process, my love.

Diamond